Saturday, August 30, 2008

Working on a program for plant enthusiasts in South Florida...

PlantsFromParadise.com is branching out into exciting territory here. I am currently in production working on a program that will have details concerning nearly every local plant and tree!

So far I have pictures and information on 30 plants and trees in South Florida, but I am nowhere near done. I am going to add EVERY plant in town.

I want to include information on the following:

  • height
  • canopy
  • leaf shape
  • tolerance
  • diseases
  • growing conditions
  • tricks to keep them healthy
  • plants that look good together

I want to offer:

  • all the plants in one spot
  • categories of plants
  • a test to determine if you REALLY can identify the plants of South Florida
  • a test to determine if you have knowledge about the peculiarities of the plants growing in South Florida
Another program just about pests may be next.

First design will be in Java. I will work on getting the whole jar in one thing...no folders! Also an exe might be easier for Windows users??

Perhaps this can be applet or web service as well...

Lots of exciting ideas. Originally I'll ask for beta testers and then I'll charge 20.00 for it.

It's going to be worth it!

No comments: